Author: Megan Whalen Turner
I urge you all to pick this series which has been 24 years in the making. It does not feel aged at all and it stands strong against the tides of time.
Those that haven’t read the series should avoid my review and pick up “The Thief”. I will attempt to pay homage to Megan Whalen Turner in an upcoming post.
Return of the Thief consists of :
- Realistic battle logistics
- Brief philosophical spurts that discuss the purpose of war and the loss of lives.
- Questioning one’s destiny and whether it will compromise their humanity?
- Questionable actions that prove love is strong by testing the waters: showing the worst part of ourselves to the ones we love
- Characters we loved in previous books may not play major parts or barely make appearances in this book but it’s acceptable to me because I view the series as one collection.
- Wit being as humorous as ever.
- It was a perfect end which leaves openings to expand the world even more if Megan wishes to do so.